Girls as Activists, Innovators and Leaders
Do you feel passionate about making change in any of the following areas?
Week 1 – The Climate Crisis: Environmental Justice
Week 2 – Racial, Economic & Gender Inequality: Women in Finance and Sports
Week 3 – Sustainable Development: Urban Planning
Then join us for one, two or all three weeks on our beautiful campus as a boarding or day student to explore pressing global issues in the region through exciting field trips, meeting and learning from experts and participating in fun, inspiring, hands-on learning and projects.
Enrollment Opens November 2022
Each week you will examine one pressing issue through an interdisciplinary lens. Addressing big issues through the local and regional lens, we will host virtual and in person panels, keynote speakers, take field trips to Boston, New York City, Hartford and visit the Farmington River, state parks, the United Nations and Mystic Seaport. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects with local organizations working to address these global issues as well as interact with policy makers and activists working to make small and large scale change.
Throughout each week, you will work collaboratively with your peers on an action-oriented project using design thinking while developing skills in the following competency areas:
- Critical Thinking
- Civic Responsibility
At the end of each week, you will have the opportunity to present your project to a group of parents and faculty.
In this program, you will:
- understand and appreciate diverse perspectives;
- become better informed about pressing global and local issues;
- understand your connection to the wider world;
- learn how to respectfully communicate and collaborate across differences;
- and take action on pressing global issues.
Our fully immersive program is uniquely designed to take you out of the classroom and into the world, while learning, making new friends, and developing key 21st century skills through experiences relevant to your life as a high school girl.
Dates: July 9 – July 29, 2022
- Week 1: July 9 – July 15, 2022 – The Climate Crisis: Environmental Justice
- Week 2: July 16 – July 22, 2022 – Racial, Economic & Gender Inequality: Women in Finance and Sports
- Week 3: July 23 – July 29, 2022 – Sustainable Development: Urban Planning
- Day: $950/week, 3 meals/day, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily program, including afternoon activities and Discovery Evening Programs
- Boarding: $1500/week